Snow Socks

Continuing on from the theme of the last post, my Christmas knitting....

Next up was another make for The Child, she has a fabulous pair of snow boots and needs some lovely warm thick socks to wear when the cold, and possibly even snowy, weather strikes.  I adapted this 'Gusset Heel Basic Sock' pattern from Wendy Johnson's Book, 'Socks from the Toe Up'.  Now, if you consider this is a pattern for a adult's sock in 4ply and I made a child's sock in aran, we're talking some adapting here, but it seemed to work out ok.


They're a bit big, but that was deliberate, I wanted her to be able to wear them over normal socks and also make sure they last the winter and you know what these children are like - they do grow so!

If anyone is interested in the modifications I made to the pattern, or the little heart design I came up with, I was thinking of writing my changes up?  Let me know if that's something you'd like.

(Obviously you'd need the original pattern, or another basic sock pattern to adapt, I couldn't give the whole pattern information out, just my changes!)

One last Christmas make to share with you tomorrow....

S x

Comments

  1. Those look so thick and warm and snuggly! Perfect if we do get snow :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't go wishing on snowy weather now! Being on a farm in a village that grinds to a halt on the first snowflake I'm a bit of a stick in the mud! Everything looks pretty, but what a palava!

    Love the socks, really pretty. I'm not really terribly good at knitting, but maybe this year I'll challenge myself on something.

    I am not generally a 'gushy' sort of person and seeing it in others annoys me profusely, but I have to admit to loving the things you make, although I'm not sure I could get away with it in a house full of boys. Just to say though, thank you for the beautiful posts your blog is a pleasure to read......believe me I'm annoying myself, I'll shut up now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to know what mods you made - these look so comfy I must have some!! Please let me know if you do decide to share :)

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute socks Sandra, wish i could knit, they look so warm & cosy
    Lol Karen xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! they are fun! i love the heart design that give them that little "extra" !

    ReplyDelete